Summer Support Services Available for Students
If you have a campus emergency, please contact CRC at ext. 7333 or 845-437-7333.
The Health Service is closed over the summer break. The Nursing Coordinator, Bridget Romani, RN, and the Medical Coordinator, will be checking emails and phone messages beginning on Tuesday, May 28th Monday–Friday between 9:00 am–3:00 pm at the Health Service office. They will respond to all inquiries throughout the break. The Health Service email address is email@example.com, and the office number is 845-437-5800. EMS will not be in service during summer break.
If you need urgent medical care over break medical facilities in the area are:
- Vassar Hospital Emergency Room: 845-454-8500
- Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital Emergency Room: 845-483-5000
- Health Quest: LaGrangeville located on Rt. 55: 845-485-4455 or
- Wappingers Falls located on Rt. 9: 845-297-2511
- CareMount Medical Walk-In Care Poughkeepsie: 845-231-5600
All students have 24/7 access to “HealthiestYou.” This gives you remote access to a physician using a nationwide telehealth service. If you have the insurance offered through the college, there is no charge. If you have private insurance, there is a $40 consultation fee. The website is www.telehealth4students.com. The phone number is 1-855-866-0895.
If you have insurance issues regarding student health insurance, you can go to their website at www.gallagherstudent.com/Vassar. They have quite a bit of information on their site. They also have a live chat area that you can utilize.
The Health Service webpage also has information which may help you with any questions you may have regarding billing, services offered, etc.
The Health Service will be reopening on Monday, August 26th, 2019 and regular clinic hours will resume on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019.
Counseling Service is on a 10-month contract and will be closed between June 15th and August 15th.
While our mental health services will be unavailable during this period, there are local services available for students in need of mental health support. To help prepare the campus for the summer period, we want to provide you with community resources that may be helpful for students or community members with mental health concerns.
Please use the following mental health resources this summer as needed.
- Dutchess County HELPLINE (available 24/7 for all mental health concerns) 845-485-9700
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis (will come to your location for emergency psychiatric assessments) 845-486-2864
- Crisis Stabilization Center - 230 North Road, Poughkeepsie 845-485-9700 (a walk-in urgent care center for mental health crises)
- Mid Hudson Regional Hospital Psychiatric ER - 241 North Road, Poughkeepsie 845-431-8892
- National Mental Health Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Safe Horizons Anger Management Line: 800-621-HOPE / 800-621-4673
- Trevor Project (Crisis Support for LGBTQ community): 866-488-7386
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741-741
- Dutchess County Helpline: Text 845-485-9700
Mid Hudson Regional Hospital
241 North Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Northern Psychiatric Services
11 Marshall Road, Suite 2L, Wappingers Falls
Southern Dutchess Behavioral Group
1285 Route 9, Suite 7B, Wappingers Falls
Hudson Valley Mental Health Clinics - Poughkeepsie (free/low fee services)
230 North Rd. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
In addition to the above resources, please see the following documents with referral information for local therapists and psychiatrists:
We will continue to have an Administrator on-call (AOC) throughout the break. They are on call 24/7 and can provide support and help students access support services as well. Students can speak to the AOC by calling the CRC at 845-437-5221 or 845-437-7333.